Shooting at YouTube and the female attacker killed herself

0
545

Police found one gunshot victim near the entrance of the building, San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini said. A 36-year-old man was in critical condition, while two women were being treated for injuries. A fourth person injured an ankle while fleeing but was not hurt by gunfire, officials said. A law enforcement official identified the shooter as Nasim Aghdam, a prolific user of YouTube. Aghdam’s father told a reporter for a CBS affiliate in Los Angeles that his had been missing for several days. She was a disgruntled video-maker. She posted several videos, mostly about animal rights, some of which appear to be graphic. On Tuesday evening, her YouTube videos were taken down, apparently by the company. A message on her YouTube pages said that the profiles were taken down due to “multiple or severe violations of YouTube’s policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Term of Service violations.”

YouTube-police-emergency

After shooting, dozens of officers converged on the complex and conducted a room-to-room search for attackers. Many workers were escorted out of the building with their hands in the air, as police worked to secure the large office space. After the incident, President Trump praised the quick response: “Our thoughts and prayers are with everybody involved. Thank you to our phenomenal Law Enforcement Officers and First Responders that are currently on the scene.” YouTube is San Bruno’s biggest employer. Google CEO Sundar Pichai said in a statement that he was “grateful to everyone inside and outside the company for the outpouring of support and best wishes.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here