A man from Alabama suffered second and three degrees burns after charging his iPhone in bed

0
1030

It was almost a deadly situation but fortunately he survived. However, doctors determined that Day had suffered second and third degree burns to his hands and neck. Pulling the necklace off left burns on both of his hands. Day’s case is not alone. There are alarming stats regarding annual extension cord deaths, believed around 400, and 4,700 resident fires started annually on the same way in the US. The American Burn Association recommends taking precautions when using appliances and other electrical devices at home, including extension cords. Sleeping next to charging phones is at a very high risk. Day has since started charging his iPhone in the kitchen, far away from his bedroom. “It is not worth your life charging your electronics in bed,” he says.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here