179 students and teachers affected by a carbon monoxide leak in a Beaumont school

0
608

It was supposed that the leak had been narrowed down to a boiler in the facility. The school did not have carbon monoxide detectors, Beaumont Fire-Rescue Captain Earl White said during a news conference. Classes are canceled for Friday. Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas, which has no color, odor or taste. It is therefore notoriously difficult to detect because of its characteristics. Carbon monoxide poisoning can differ in symptoms. Knowing them could save life. The gas gets into blood stream and prevents the red blood cells from carrying oxygen. The Houston Fire Department sent 10 employees to Beaumont along with a vehicle outfitted with equipment that can determine carbon monoxide levels in a patient’s blood. Beaumont ISD says none of the students or staff affected today suffered serious or life-threatening injuries.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here