Sewing needles found in some Halloween candy in Pennsylvania

0
1081

Some people including kids tried to eat such candy. The incident forces to remember some FDA recommendations. Parents are asked to always inspect what their kids eat and especially to do this on anything that looks suspicious. Unusual appearance or discoloration, tiny pinholes, or tears in wrappers must be warning signals. Parents of very young children should also remove any choking hazards such as gum, peanuts, hard candies or small toys. Supplementary precaution is needed if some kids have a food allergy. Dangerous Halloween candy have already a history including the case of the eight-year-old Houston boy named Timothy O’Bryan who died after eating cyanide-laced Pixy Stix while trick-or-treating in 1974. In 1970, a five-year-old in Detroit died after ingesting a massive amount of heroin. According to Snopes, since 1959 there have been around 80 reports of sharp objects adulterating food.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here