Six young men aged under 25 left the Hardcore Till I Die festival at Sydney Olympic Park on Saturday in critical or serious conditions.
On Sunday said all were in stable conditions or had been discharged from hospital. A teenage boy, Castle Hill, 17, has been found with almost 600 capsules and $2000 cash. Another alleged supplier, aged 25, was allegedly found with 100 MDMA capsules and a knife while a South Australian woman allegedly had 48 ecstasy capsules on her. Police accused seven people of drug supply at the event. A further 16 people are due to face court for drug possession while 30 people were ejected for intoxication. The HTID festival was one of two Australia Day music festivals in Sydney to have extra high-level critical care medical teams and more harm reduction measures.
Emergency Services Minister Troy Grant said there was no doubt the police force's disruption of three large drug operations in the lead up to the festivals had an impact in the quantity of drugs in and around the events. Premier Gladys Berejiklian, whose government footed the bill for the extra protection, said she hoped and prayed people were starting to get the message to not take illicit drugs. Extra safety measures are in place at hip-hop festival Rolling Loud at Sydney Showgrounds on Sunday.