British police found the source of nerve agent, in the house of Charlie Rowley


In a statement, police said: “On Wednesday 11 July, a small bottle was recovered during searches of Charlie Rowley’s house in Amesbury.[…] “Following those tests, scientists have now confirmed to us that the substance contained within the bottle is novichok. Further scientific tests will be carried out to try and establish whether it is from the same batch that contaminated Sergei and Yulia Skripal in March – this remains a main line of inquiry for police.” At this time is not known or even supposed „where the bottle came from and how it came to be in Charlie’s house.” Rowley remains in hospital in intensive care in Salisbury District Hospital  where he has regained consciousness. Sturgess died on Sunday.

Poisoned with novichok: Dawn Sturgess and Charlie Rowley

Charlie Rowley was “devastated” when he was told his partner had died after being exposed to the nerve agent. Public Health England said the overall risk to the public from the nerve agent was low, but has advised people in the area not to pick up “any foreign object which could contain liquid or gel”. Novichok, which attacks the nervous system and can lead to respiratory failure and cardiac arrest, can be absorbed through the skin, inhaled or ingested. It was “very difficult” to know why Ms Sturgess died but Mr Rowley’s condition is improving, explaining that recovery can be affected by the original dose, medical treatment and the patient’s previous state of health.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here