Accident at a fireworks show at the Antrobus Arms Hotel in Amesbury, U.K.

0
764

Police said it appeared “some of the fireworks on igniting had tipped over and fired in the direction of the crowd which included a number of young children”. The hotel’s Facebook invitation included a ‘professional fireworks display’. Emergency services rushed to the scene after projectiles hurled into terrified spectators on the grounds of a 400-year-old hotel.

fireworks-show
Fireworks at the Antrobus Arms Hotel in Amesbury

Paramedics treated 14 people including children for the suffered injuries. Facial burns were frequent. No-one was seriously hurt. “There was a lot of panic and kids crying, it was quite scary”, a witness said. Videos posted on social media show the panic and terror among spectators. A statement of the hotel staff was issued, saying: “We apologize profusely for this very regrettable situation and we will be performing a full investigation, as well as liaising directly with those affected.” An investigation has been launched by Wiltshire Council. The probe has now been taken over by the Health and Safety Executive and the Licensing department of Wiltshire Council. There were angry comments on the Antrobus Arms Hotel’s Facebook page from people who’d attended the event.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here