Muslims are forbidden from buying or drinking alcohol in Pakistan and cheap homebrewed spirits often contain poisonous methanol. “The men who belong to the Christian community drank liquor on the night of 25 December and went home. Tragedy struck the next morning when many did not rise from their beds, while others got sick,” Police officer Mohammad Nadeem told to the media. The death toll could increase, doctors said. Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif has taken notice of the incident. Police are questioning a number of locals to find out where the alcohol was made and sold. Arrest of the culprits who supplied toxic liquor was asked by the community. There have been several cases of mass poisonings with dozens deceased in the past.