An Idaho man has lost seven teeth due to an e-cigarette explosion

0
707

“I Vape (I know, terrible and uncool) but I no longer do and I hope to possible sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking,” the 30-year-old car salesman wrote on Facebook. This wasn’t the only case when e-cigarettes proved they are dangerous. A man shopping in New York’s Grand Central Terminal suffered leg and hand burns when an e-cigarette exploded in his pants pocket in November 2016. The vaporizer pen suddenly blew up in the man’s pants. A teenage girl riding a Universal Orlando amusement park ride suffered burns when an electronic cigarette belonging to another rider exploded and shot a fireball at her, in October, the same year. A 14-year-old has been blinded in one eye and potentially faces permanent damage to his hands after allegedly testing an e-cigarette at a mall kiosk in Brooklyn, New York.

Fact is electronic cigarettes and other battery-operated electronic smoking devices occasionally do catch fire or explode. The problem is serious and U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer who called e-cigarettes “ticking time bombs” argued that  the recent injuries are proof federal action is needed to recall such devices, many from China, which are susceptible to explode.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here