Security alert at Stade de France due to a suspicious package

0
1650

“It turned out to be nothing special and no threats have also been received. Completely undramatic,” Niklas Bodell, the Swedish national team’s head of communications, said. A similar suspicion existed before the opening game of Euro 2016 when partial evacuation of the stadium, including the press room, was ordered. More than 90,000 police, soldiers and private guards dispatched to ensure their safety across ten venues. France extended its state of emergency until the end of July. President Francois Hollande admitted there is a risk of terror attacks during Euro 2016. “But we must do everything to ensure that Euro 2016 is a success,” he told radio France International.

To remember, 137 people were dead in a series of coordinated terror attacks in Paris on November 13  last year.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here