Man receives $7 million in damages from a Popcorn company


Eating popcorn day by day is the main culprit for the man’s lower lung function and airflow obstruction. This condition raised his Heart Failure Risk. Diacetyl is commonly used in Microwave Popcorn with butter flavor.

Wayne Watson was not the first one to sue the Popcorn Company but he was the first microwave popcorn consumer found with the bronchiolitis obliternas disease. Over the past 15 years, workers from popcorn plants won cases against their employer after having serious health problems from inhaling diacetyl.

Judges ruled that Wayne Watson should get $7.2 million: 80 percent from the popcorn manufacturer Gilster-Mary Lee Corp and the rest from the supermarket chain that sold the popcorn.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here