Cleaning product given by mistake to dozens children at a dental clinic in Ireland

0
610

The cleaning product was heavily diluted but inadvertently attached to the rinse aid used by children and adult patients while in the dentist’s chair at five surgeries within the clinic. “We have advised the families of the incident and recommended they are reviewed by a GP if they present with any symptoms.,” a spokesman for the HSE said. Two patients attended the A&E department at University Hospital Limerick but did not require admission.

Ennis-Health
Ennis Health Clinic

It has confirmed that a total of 16 patients have sought medical advice following the incident.HSE Mid West chief officer Bernard Gloster also apologized for the incident: “This is so regrettable and unfortunate. I want to apologize for any concern or upset caused to the children and their families.” Parents have been asked to attend or make contact with the clinic at Bindon Street if they wish to discuss their concerns with a dental surgeon. An investigation into the incident is underway. The clinic needs to put some mechanism in place to ensure it doesn’t happen again. HSE says it’s hopeful the dental clinic will reopen on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here