Children eating magnets became a problem in the U.S.

0
743

“And, then, they pinch together one to another, and the tissue in between gets pinched, and the blood supply gets lost. The tissue ultimately dies.” Internal injuries can be life-threatening. In a few weeks, many similar cases occurred at at OU Medical Center and children swallowing magnets became a medical national problem in the U.S. They are fascinated by magnets and the magnets are present in many toys.Magnets are now shiny, smooth, round, small and colorful. They were marketed as fun toys for older children, teenagers and even adults. And a fact was found: the most common magnets for children to swallow are those marketed for adults. Prevention is the key. But if any such problem with a kid and magnets is, call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here