Headlines:

An Australian woman suffered face burns after her headphones exploded

  • Written by Jerry Seward
  • Published in International

Do you see the images ? It’s not something you want to happen to you !  This Australian woman suffered burns to her face after her battery-operated headphones exploded. The incident occurred during a flight from Beijing to Melbourne.

The woman fell asleep on the plane while wearing the headphones and awoke to a loud explosion about two hours into the flight, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau said in a statement on March 15.. She felt a burning sensation on her face. “I just grabbed my face which caused the headphones to go around my neck,” the woman said. “I continued to feel burning so I grabbed them off and threw them on the floor. They were sparking and had small amounts of fire.” After, passengers endured the smell of melted plastic, burnt electronics and burnt hair. The agency did not say what brand of headphones the woman was using, what airline she was on or exactly when the incident happened. The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) has issued a warning about the possibility as such devices to explode. Battery-powered devices should be stowed when not in use and spare batteries must be kept in carry-on baggage, not checked baggage, the warning said.

Comments